Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tribute to Norm's, Nashville TN Part 1

I've been very fortunate to have played at so many music venues over the past decade. So many have come and gone but there is one venue in particular that was just a magical place to play and that's Norm's Roadhouse in Nashville, TN. I love that it is called "roadhouse." I'm pretty sure it is the one and only roadhouse I've ever played at. It was really far of the beaten path in a part of Nashville I never knew existed. It was across the street from a farm with 3 donkeys walking around.  Upstairs there was a small restaurant that had the best pizza ever (you will soon learn I love food, if you didn't know that already) and fried jalepenos and the downstairs was the true music venue. The downstairs was a fieldstone foundation basement with a stage straight ahead and the bar to the side. There was a fireplace and a door leading out to a huge field and beyond the field was avery large stream. The reason so much of this blog is in the past tense is because the second I heard about the flood in Nashville I expected the worst and Norm's is now no more.
There was just something special about the venue. It reminded me of a coffeehouse I went to as a child. Everything about it felt like home. I played a few writer's nights there and met some really great people.  We had a night off and went to see a band called Jeremiah and the Red Eyes. Here's a video of us arriving.
.

For some reason I like to take videos of the stairs at venues. I can't believe I haven't fallen down a flight yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment